Laminate flooring is an attractive, cost-effective, and durable choice. However, much of its durability and shine depends on how you take care of it. In this blog, we are going to share some do’s and don’ts of laminate floor cleaning which will lengthen its lifespan.
Don’ts of Cleaning Laminate Flooring:
1. You should not use sand papers to clean the laminate flooring. This will ruin your flooring.
2. You should not use any abrasive cleaning products such as scouring pads to clean your laminate floors. These will only damage your floor, and it will not be easy to get the damages fixed.
3. You should not move around the furniture without proper protection as that will damage the floor. It is recommended, if possible to you should turn the furniture upside down before moving them because their legs may damage the floor.
4. You should not apply detergents powders or liquids to clean the floor.
5. You should not polish or wax your laminate floors because they can damage your floor.
6. You should not pour gallons of water on the floor to clean it because that will not benefit your floor.
Dos of Cleaning Laminate Flooring
1. Put mats or rugs at the entry of every room and add a poster on the doors requesting everybody to wipe their shoes on rugs or the mats. This will allow you to reduce the dust build up on the floor.
2. Because dust particles can harm your floor, it is important to remove the dust particles on daily basis. First, vacuum the floor that will absorb maximum of the dust and clean the floor with asoft-bristled-broom. This way, all the dust will remove from the floor.
3. Clean the floor with a damp mop once a week.Make sure the mop is not wet because laminate is not water-friendly and over exposure to water can damage it.
We provide laminate flooring in Langley with excellent price and super-quality assurance. If you want to have it installed in your home in Langley, then call us.